Tuesday, 25 April 2006
To configure your Prairie Internet Email account using Entourage:
- Click Tools then Accounts.
- Click the Mail tab in the Accounts window.
- Click the New option. The New Account window appears.
- Ensure the drop-down menu reads: POP and click OK. The Edit Account window appears.
- In the Account Name field, type a name to identify this account in your email program. No one will ever see this name, it is simply to distinguish between different accounts in your email program.
- In the Name field, enter the name you wish others to see when you send email to them.
- Type your @prairie.ca Email address beside E-mail Address.
- Type your username (username) in the Account ID field.
- Type mail.prairie.ca into the POP Server field.
- Enter your email account password (which is cAsE sEnSiTiVe). When entered, the password is displayed as a series of asterisks (****). The password will be saved if you entered it into this field.
- Type mail.prairie.ca into the SMTP Server field. Click OK.
- From the Internet Accounts window, highlight your newly created @prairie.ca email account (you should see the name you entered in step 5), and click on Make Default. Your Shaw.ca address is now your default email account.
- Click the box in the upper-left corner to exit the Internet Accounts window
Your email conversion is complete.
Last Updated ( Monday, 21 August 2006 )